indiGO is seeking a Certified Peer Specialist (CPS) to join our team full time. This position does not have a regularly set schedule, but must work a minimum of 32 hours per week. The CPS will provide person-centered peer support services that build on the values of respect, safety, non-judgment, and hope.
Your contributions will include:
- Provide recovery-oriented, person-centered peer support services to individuals living with mental health and/or substance use concerns in Douglas County.
- Accurate and timely completion of progress notes.
- Recognize and respect the lived experience of all consumers.
- Attend monthly staff meetings and supervisory meetings.
- Commitment to work a minimum of 32 hours per week.
- Adhere to the Wisconsin Certified Peer Specialist Code of Ethics.
To be successful in this opportunity, you will need:
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred.
- Active Wisconsin Certified Peer Specialist certification is required.
- Identify as a person with lived experience of recovery with mental health and/or substance use concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to provide services in a social service setting is required.
- Demonstrated understanding of principles of recovery.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a range of personality types.
- Demonstrated ability to value recovery and recognize the importance of culturally appropriate, person-centered, trauma-informed care.
- Must be able to successfully pass a caregiver background check at hire and annually thereafter in accordance with the state and local DHS requirements.
- Basic computer skills such as Microsoft Word and email.
- Travel throughout the Douglas County service area is required.