Our Mission is:
TO EMPOWER PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
Full access and inclusion in our communities for persons with disabilities.
We VALUE and are COMMITTED TO
- The provision of respectful, responsive, quality services.
- The diversity of the people and communities we serve.
- Consumer control and choice in all we do.
- The pride and knowledge derived from the disability experience.
- A grassroots approach for social and systems change.
indiGO is the Regional Center for Independent Living (CIL) serving Ashland, Bayfield, Burnett, Douglas, Iron, Price, Sawyer, and Washburn Counties as well as the Bad River, Red Cliff, Lac Courte Oreilles, and the St. Croix Tribal Communities. CILs are consumer-controlled, community-based, cross-disability, nonresidential private nonprofit agencies designed and operated in our local communities by individuals with disabilities to maximize their ability to live independently.
Board of Directors
Did you know indiGO’s board of directors and staff are comprised of at least 51% people with disabilities? It is part of our way to ensure consumer control of the organization. We strongly believe that the lessons we learn from our disability experience provide valuable information to other consumers. We also like to have geographic representation. We have Parents, Native Americans, City Counselors, Bankers, Community Advocates, etc serving.
Board members set policy for the organization and attend quarterly board meetings in Superior, participate in committee meetings, training opportunities, etc. It is a volunteer board but we do reimburse for expenses. It is a lot for work but also fun and has many opportunities.
For more information, contact Jill Nyberg, 1(800)-924-1220, (715) 392- 9118 (Ext. 110), 711 (Relay), firstname.lastname@example.org
- President – Ben Barrett, Washburn County;
- Vice President – Cristina Masterjohn, Washburn County;
- Treasurer/Secretary– Mary Jane Grande, Ashland County;
- Katie Rhea, Burnett County;
- Sarah Hanson, Douglas County;
- Mikka Kauti, Douglas County;
- Megan Bisonette, Sawyer County;
- Nate Nez, Price County;